LAST UPDATED: January 22, 2018
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
- Title and company
- Telephone number
- Email address
We may need to collect and process these types of Personal Information in order to respond to your inquiry or request. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested information or services.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests, and to provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content, services, and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Site, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, removing repetitive data from customer lists, billing, and other services.
- By you, on blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Please note that any information you post through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose, or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
- We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions contained in each such email.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by sending a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of any affiliate or other third party with which we have already shared your Personal Information prior to implementing your opt-out request.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com or 8727 148th Ave. NE, Redmond, WA 98052. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
8727 148th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.