LAST UPDATED: October 15, 2018
APPLE MUSIC FOR BUSINESS APP
BROUGHT TO YOU BY PLAYNETWORK
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We do not collect Personal Information through the App.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Device information
- App usage data
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it as permitted by applicable law.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your device: Certain information is collected automatically through your device, such as your operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, and language. We use this information to ensure that the App functions properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, the length of your App sessions, features used, and songs and playlists played. We use this information to understand how the App is used, to continually improve its design and functionality, and to assist us with resolving questions about it. We may share this information with your company and with third parties, including Apple Inc.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytics services that collect and analyze information about use of the App and report on functionality, activities, and trends.
- IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your device by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the App, along with the time of the visit. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many applications and other services. We use IP addresses for our legitimate interests, such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the App. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s location to fulfill our obligations and exercise our rights under our agreements with our customers (e.g., with your company).
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
If the information that we collect from you is deemed Personal Information under applicable law, and you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete such information, object to our processing of it, or receive an electronic copy of it for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 8727 148th Ave. NE, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
To the extent that information we collect from you is deemed Personal Information under applicable law, we retain such information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the App to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the App);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
USE OF THE APP BY MINORS
The App is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the App, you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA): Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. The full list of these countries is available here. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses, to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures here.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the App or otherwise to us.
8727 148th Avenue NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE EEA
You may also lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs.
The Octave Music Group, Inc. (f/k/a TouchTunes Interactive Networks, Inc.) (United States)
TouchTunes Music Corporation (United States)
TouchTunes Digital Jukebox, Inc. (Canada)
TouchTunes UK Limited (United Kingdom)
Soundnet Limited (United Kingdom)
PlayNetwork Limited (United Kingdom)
PlayNetwork HK, Limited (Hong Kong)
PlayNetwork Chile, SpA (Chile)
PlayNetwork (Shanghai) Media and Technology Co., Ltd. (China)